Sea-Bird 39plus Now Available with Inductive Modem Interface
Sea-Bird Electronics' new SBE 39plus-IM replaces the SBE 39-IM, first introduced in 2005. The SBE 39plus-IM provides a major electronics redesign with the following features:
- Faster uploads via internal USB connector
- Double memory capacity
- Battery life increased by 50%
- Easy-to-use USB software
- Physically and Functionally interchangeable with existing IM moorings
Sea-Bird Scientific University
Sea-Bird Scientific offers regularly scheduled four-day training classes, approximately two times per year at an off-site location near our office/factory in Bellevue, Washington (12 miles/19km from downtown Seattle).
Here's a glimpse of our Sea-Bird University class from this past week.
Visit Sea-Bird University for more details, or contact Payal Parikh to enroll.
Tech Tip: What software should I use with my instrument?
The Sea-Bird Electronics software package, Seasoft V2, consists of a number of individual programs. Install the entire package, or just install the program(s) that you need for instrument setup, data upload, real-time data acquisition, and data processing and plotting. Most of these programs work with a variety of Sea-Bird Electronics instruments.
Satlantic and WET Labs
Satlantic and WET Labs software is instrument-specific, and provide setup, data upload, processing, and plotting. Install the program applicable to the particular instrument you are working with (ECO, Cycle, Thetis, WQM, ISUS, SUNA V2, etc.)
Integration of Satlantic or WET Labs Instruments with Sea-Bird Electronics CTD
- Doing the integration yourself? Use the applicable software to set up the Satlantic / WET Labs instrument. Then, update the CTD .xmlcon configuration file in Seasave V7 real-time data acquisition or SBE Data Processing CTD processing software. The .xmlcon configuration file tells the software what sensors are integrated on which channels of the CTD, and provides the calibration coefficients that allow the software to output data in engineering units.
- Sea-Bird Electronics performing the integration at our factory? We set up the Satlantic / WET Labs instrument for its use with the Sea-Bird CTD. And then we create a .xmlcon configuration file consistent with all the sensors attached to your CTD.
For detailed information on all the software, see our 2016 Software Guide [PDF]